Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My experiments with entrepreneuship..

Starting from the early years with only a dream in heart to the recent adventure with a well calculated risk and huge probability of success (still the 0.1% played it's part), I thought I had seen a lot and it's been a great learning process. The collective experience is condensed into the following paragraph...

If you dream to create an enterprise, expect at least a million problems and everything which can go wrong to go wrong. Here is the litmus test, "Consider yourself all alone with all your possessions, i.e. desire, vision, abilities, knowledge, skills, cash, credit cards, an idea OR still better a prototype. Now, can you make it happen with no possibility of any external help ?". If the answer is yes, you are ready to take a plunge...

This thought crystallized only after I heard my CEO Praveen Kankaria (impetus.co.in, intellicus.com, clear-trail.com and more in pipeline) talk about his own journey. All the stories I have heard are astonishingly similar; may it be Jaswinder S. Chaddha of MarketRx or Ajay Lavakare of RMSI...

My top three picks of essential elements will be
  • Clarity of vision.
  • Belief in self, that eventually you will prevail.
  • Perseverance to see it to the end.
Last but not the least, let's not forget that luck plays it's own major role. This judgment will determine if you will fight (the battle) to win OR fight to extinction...

1 comment:

Pankaj Jangid said...

Nice.

And true. Expecting too much from others is truly a blunder and not praying God for luck is another.

I need both luck and self confidence. And I am ready then.